From her adorable beginnings playing a purple dinosaur’s sidekick to reigning over the Disney Channel, Selena Gomez has quite the story to unfold, don’t you think? Now at 33, this multifaceted star is primed for her boldest venture yet—a sprawling four-hour ‘X-rated’ film! With all those past hits in music and her starring role in shows like Only Murders in the Building, it’s clear she’s wanting to distance herself from her Disney persona and embrace the more audacious side of her artistry. In the realm of astrological influences, much like a Scorpio—known for their transformative nature—Gomez seems to be shedding her old skin and diving into uncharted territories. What will this evolution bring for her? Buckle up, because this ride is about to get spicy! LEARN MORE
From starting off with Barney the Dinosaur, to making her name on Disney Channel, Selena Gomez has gone on to have a hugely successful career – and it just keeps on getting bigger.
The 33-year-old has achieved a number of hits in her music career, appeared in movies such as Spring Breakers and Emilia Pérez and both produced and starred in Only Murders in the Building.
And now she’s set for her next challenge: a four hour ‘X-rated’ film.
Not too much is known about this just yet, but either way, that description alone sets Gomez far apart from her Disney kid days.

Selena Gomez has a spicy project coming up (Instagram/@selenagomez)
This has come about following Cate Blanchett letting slip a little detail during a masterclass at Cannes Film Festival on Sunday (17 May) that she is ‘about to work with Brady Corbet on a film’.
And Variety has now confirmed that Blanchett and Gomez have been cast in The Brutalist director’s next project, alongside Michael Fassbender.
The plot details of this untitled film are still wrapped up in secrecy but Corbet has spoke a little bit in interviews about wanting to make an ‘X-rated’ feature set in the 1970s.
“The film spans from the 19th century into the present day — it’s just predominantly focused on the ’70s. The film is really, really genre-defying,” he told the Hollywood Reporter.

Cate Blanchett revealed she is working on the ‘X-rated’ film (Teresa Suarez/Pool/Getty Images)
It’s also reported that the film is being shot using pretty rare eight-perf 65mm cameras.
Corbet also teased at Storyhouse Screenwriting Festival in Dublin last month, that it has a whopping 200-page script to go with it.
And if you’re looking for a comparison there, The Brutalist had a hefty 165 pages, coming in at a three-and-a-half-hour runtime.
The Corbet film will be produced by Andrew Morrison for his Kaplan Morrison production banner.

Corbet’s film will reportedly be four hours long (Kristy Sparow/Getty Images for Disney)
As well as the aforementioned The Brutalist, his other credits include The Testament of Ann Lee, The World to Come and Funny Face.
While we don’t know just what is going to happen in this film or what the ‘X-rated’ may translate as, it follows Gomez distancing herself from the Disney Channel image we grew up with her as.
She previously told Variety she felt ‘free’ of the pressures that came with growing up in the Disney spotlight.
“It’s not that I’m ashamed of my past, it’s just that I’ve worked so hard to find my own way,” the star said. “I don’t want to be who I was. I want to be who I am.’
Auto Amazon Links: No products found.