So here we are again—King Charles and Prince Harry might actually sit down face-to-face for the first time in nearly two years. After years of icy silence fueled by Harry’s explosive royal allegations, it seems the palace pawns are trying to shuffle a peace treaty across the chessboard. You gotta wonder… with Mercury in retrograde messing with communications and tensions thicker than London fog, can these two really rebuild what’s been fractured? Meanwhile, Prince William apparently isn’t picking up the family therapy bill anytime soon, leaving sibling love on indefinite hiatus. Harry’s UK return for the WellChild Awards—and conveniently aligning with Queen Elizabeth II’s death anniversary—looks like the perfect cosmic storm for a reboot or at least a tête-à-tête. Will this royal rendezvous finally thaw the frost? Or is it just another chapter in this drama that’s no stranger to headlines and heartbreak? Dive into the swirling saga and catch the full royal rundown here: LEARN MORE.
The monarch and his youngest son have been estranged for years over the latter’s bombshell allegations about the Royal Family. However, they have made waves for opening the door to reconciliation after their aides met for peace talks in July.
Now, sources claim that King Charles and Prince Harry may meet for the first time in 20 months, which could help them resolve their differences. On the other hand, the love between the Duke of Sussex and his older brother, Prince William, reportedly remains lost.
Article continues below advertisement
According to new reports, Harry and his father may meet for the first time since last year when he returns to the UK in two weeks. He is expected to be in London by September 8 to attend the WellChild Awards, a charity event he supports.
The timing also coincides with the third anniversary of Queen Elizabeth II’s death and Harry’s first visit to the UK after losing his security protection appeal. Also, he couldn’t have picked a better time to return to the country, as King Charles’s schedule is open for a possible reunion.
Article continues below advertisement
“After 20 months apart, and with the King continuing his treatment, the feeling is that the time is right to take that step,” a source told The Mirror. They added, “This is not about grand gestures or set-piece meetings – it’s about a simple face-to-face conversation between a father and his son.”
Article continues below advertisement
The source explained that it was clear Harry and Charles wished to reconcile, noting their possible reunion had nothing to do with the broader family issues. Instead, they were focused on their relationship as father and son and could meet for the first time during Harry’s visit.
“The priority is privacy and dignity, but also ensuring the door stays open for further dialogue,” the source said about the monarch and his youngest son. Meanwhile, they claimed the future King wasn’t interested in fixing his broken bridges with the Duke of Sussex, claiming:
“As for Harry and William, though, any chance of reconciliation between them has been rejected out of hand.”
Article continues below advertisement
The same applied to Harry’s wife, Meghan Markle, who would reportedly continue her self-imposed exile from the UK. She opted to remain in California with her two children, Archie and Lilibet, instead of joining her husband on his trip.
Article continues below advertisement
A separate source weighed in on William and Harry’s strained relationship, claiming the future King called BS on his younger brother’s reconciliation efforts. “William feels Harry has repeatedly chosen public exposure over private resolution,” the insider shared.
They stressed that William did not want the Royal Family to keep making headlines over Harry’s whims “every time there’s a new contract to promote.” The Blast shared that a former royal butler, Grant Harrold, echoed similar sentiments about the brothers’ bleak future.
Harold confessed that he did not see a public reunion happening anytime soon, noting he believed the family might never be united as they once were.
Instead, he suspected Harry and King Charles could settle their differences privately, but the wider family wouldn’t want to be seen with the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.
Article continues below advertisement
Days earlier, Harry made waves for his Victory over Japan (VJ) Day tribute. The Blast covered the story, reporting that sources claimed many within the royal circles were unimpressed by his handwritten message and a poppy wreath.
Harry arranged for the letter and flowers to be laid at the Burma Star Memorial in Britain’s National Memorial Arboretum to celebrate the 80th anniversary of VJ Day. The event marked the end of World War II, but critics did not believe he was honoring the occasion.
“It looks like he was trying to tug at the heartstrings and remind the family of his military credentials,” a source said about Harry’s tribute. They claimed his actions felt “calculated,” with another insider noting he did not receive the approval of royal officials.
Following Harry’s VJ tribute, The Blast shared that he was allegedly growing distant from his wife amid her entrepreneurial efforts. A source claimed the former working royal felt “more isolated than ever” because Meghan focused solely on growing her career.
They claimed she started her day before sunrise and preferred completing her workload herself instead of delegating her responsibilities to others. Although the source noted that Harry was proud of Meghan’s As Ever business, it did not stop him from feeling neglected.
“He understands how much her business matters to her, but he feels their marriage is slipping into second place,” the source alleged. Meghan has been actively promoting her lifestyle business, with reports noting she planned on branching into the hospitality sector.
Article continues below advertisement
Will King Charles and Prince Harry reunite in September?
Auto Amazon Links: No products found.
This will close in 0 seconds
This will close in 0 seconds